Hi! My name is Abigail. I finished my mortal mission in a little spec of eternity you call July 2013.
Now I'm in the Spirit World and can help my family and friends (that's everyone) from this side of the veil. Some people get a little uneasy talking about "spirits" but I'm here to tell you we're not scary. My body died, but I'm still alive. My body was destroyed and really needed a break, but I'll have it again soon. You'll have to trust me on the issue of timing. It won't be long, promise.
A month before I came here, my mommy was holding me and I told her "I will keep you forever." It took her by surprise that I came up with that on my own, but I knew what I was saying. I reinforced it later a few times by telling her, "I will keep you forever in my world, " and "I will keep you forever in my life". I meant exactly what I said.
This little piece of world wide web is a place my mom can continue to write and record her feelings--her progress, I like to call it. I know it's helping a few of you, too.
Remember who you are--really are--and that many of us are excited to see you all again, too. Eternity is a very long time and I have to keep reminding my mom "I will keep you forever".

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sep 1, 2014--storms and light

I know it's been a couple weeks since I wrote, but I wanted to tell those of you who commented on my last post, "thank you." Your love and concern helped ease, in a small way, some of the loneliness. I loved all the comments, including the ones marked 'private' that only I can see as moderator. Thank you. Thank you for mourning with me.

To Damian, who thoughtfully asked about my family, they are doing great. We did start school, but not as fast as AZ did! We are homeschooling with a twist this year--it's with a co-op group called Classical Conversations that's been around for about 15 years nationwide. We meet in town on Mondays with other families and new concepts are presented by trained tutors, then we school at home the rest of the week. It is really great and I absolutely love having my children at home. I love being able to teach them and watch them grow.

My kids love having a dog, and I think Grace reciprocates the feeling. There is always a lot to do around the house. This morning a few of the kids were helping Aaron clean up some VERY over-grown weeds along the house, and my 14-year-old daughter was stung by a yellow jacket, and Aaron was stung 3 times. Farm life.

That same 14-year-old has started her own bread-making business and has a good group of customers. My 13-year-old son does yard work for a neighbor--hard, sweaty work. And my two younger daughters (I don't think I'll ever be able to refer to them as "my youngest") have become each others' best friend.

Today is the first of September. National Childhood Cancer Awareness month. I am having a hard time with September.

In our house we have what we call the "sun room." It is 12x30' room or so, and on two opposites sides of the room, there are TWO sliding glass doors (four total). Lots of sun, and lots of windows to see outside.
A few months ago I stepped into the sun room from the kitchen. A storm had been brewing and on the entire left side of the sky there were clouds with multiple shades of gray; it was very dark and stormy looking in a powerful way. And on my right side, it was brilliant blue with the sun shining behind some white, fluffy clouds. The contrast between the two was stunning. Perhaps the dark storm appeared more menacing in comparison with the light shining right next to it, but it took my breath away. I said to my daughter, "Wow! That is beautiful. It's like my life!" Then we both chuckled a little bit and went on about the day.

And that is really how I feel about my life. It think it's how we all could feel about the world we live in. There are some really sad things, some really horrible things, some really hard things we have to deal with. There is a lot of wickedness. It is stormy. And yet, there is light and happiness. There are some really great things, some really happy things, some joyful and inspiring things that we are blessed with. There is a lot of righteousness.

The thing that brings me the greatest comfort is to know that behind those storm clouds on the left, there was sunshine. There is always Light. Christ is the light and life of the world, and of my life. He allows storms for our growth. He allows storms, and He provides peace.

I invite you to seek Him out for light amidst your storm, whatever it may be.

FAITH.

No comments:

Post a Comment