Hi! My name is Abigail. I finished my mortal mission in a little spec of eternity you call July 2013.
Now I'm in the Spirit World and can help my family and friends (that's everyone) from this side of the veil. Some people get a little uneasy talking about "spirits" but I'm here to tell you we're not scary. My body died, but I'm still alive. My body was destroyed and really needed a break, but I'll have it again soon. You'll have to trust me on the issue of timing. It won't be long, promise.
A month before I came here, my mommy was holding me and I told her "I will keep you forever." It took her by surprise that I came up with that on my own, but I knew what I was saying. I reinforced it later a few times by telling her, "I will keep you forever in my world, " and "I will keep you forever in my life". I meant exactly what I said.
This little piece of world wide web is a place my mom can continue to write and record her feelings--her progress, I like to call it. I know it's helping a few of you, too.
Remember who you are--really are--and that many of us are excited to see you all again, too. Eternity is a very long time and I have to keep reminding my mom "I will keep you forever".

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Nine Months

Nine months gestation--Hard, yet beautiful.
Nine months exterogestation--Hard, yet beautiful.
Nine months after she left this mortal world--Hard. Beautiful for her. Working on it on this side!

Maybe I'm on to something here....or maybe not. But if the first 9 months of new periods of time are any indication, I'm going to proceed with "the glass half-full" theory. Or in other words, carry on with gratitude that we had Abigail for a short while and look forward with great hope and joy that we will have her again.

A few weeks ago I listened to inspired words--words about endings in our life. I'll post a link for the full article at the end, but here are some beautiful excerpts:

"Over the years, I have had the sacred opportunity to meet with many people whose sorrows seem to reach the very depths of their soul...Often their grief is caused by what seems to them as an ending. Some are facing the end of a cherished relationship, such as the death of a loved one or estrangement from a family member. Others feel they are facing the end of hope—the hope of being married or bearing children or overcoming an illness. Others may be facing the end of their faith, as confusing and conflicting voices in the world tempt them to question, even abandon, what they once knew to be true.

Sooner or later, I believe that all of us experience times when the very fabric of our world tears at the seams, leaving us feeling alone, frustrated, and adrift.

It can happen to anyone. No one is immune.

Everyone’s situation is different, and the details of each life are unique. Nevertheless, I have learned that there is something that would take away the bitterness that may come into our lives. There is one thing we can do to make life sweeter, more joyful, even glorious.

We can be grateful!

It might sound contrary to the wisdom of the world to suggest that one who is burdened with sorrow should give thanks to God. But those who set aside the bottle of bitterness and lift instead the goblet of gratitude can find a purifying drink of healing, peace, and understanding." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I love that. We tried very hard during Abigail's fight with cancer to be grateful, and although we certainly weren't even close to perfect with it, our attempts blessed our lives. There is something very, very powerful about recognizing and giving thanks to God...

President Uchtdorf continues with a BEAUTIFUL explanation of endings:

"In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us? There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.
Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny.

The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions—temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful.

How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings."

Everlasting beginnings.

The Lord has promised: "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more."  Doctrine and Covenants 78:19

If Abigail's mortal ending will feel like a mere interruption, then a nine-month mark won't even register.

How grateful I am...for so many things.

Faith.


Grateful in Any Circumstances
Exterogestation

No comments:

Post a Comment