Hi! My name is Abigail. I finished my mortal mission in a little spec of eternity you call July 2013.
Now I'm in the Spirit World and can help my family and friends (that's everyone) from this side of the veil. Some people get a little uneasy talking about "spirits" but I'm here to tell you we're not scary. My body died, but I'm still alive. My body was destroyed and really needed a break, but I'll have it again soon. You'll have to trust me on the issue of timing. It won't be long, promise.
A month before I came here, my mommy was holding me and I told her "I will keep you forever." It took her by surprise that I came up with that on my own, but I knew what I was saying. I reinforced it later a few times by telling her, "I will keep you forever in my world, " and "I will keep you forever in my life". I meant exactly what I said.
This little piece of world wide web is a place my mom can continue to write and record her feelings--her progress, I like to call it. I know it's helping a few of you, too.
Remember who you are--really are--and that many of us are excited to see you all again, too. Eternity is a very long time and I have to keep reminding my mom "I will keep you forever".

Thursday, June 12, 2014

gifts for Abigail

*I was supposed to post this 2 days ago on June 10th and didn't.* Sorry.

Abigail's birthday is in two days. She would have turned five. That's hard to imagine, because she never made it past three years old in my mind. Turning four and then wasting away to nothing doesn't seem to qualify as being four, so it's strange to think she'd be five. And of course she's not any of those ages now, so that's just doubly weird for me. I'll write more about that subject on her birthday, I think.

Aaron and I would like to invite you to celebrate Abigail and give her a present this year. We think the thing she would like best is for you to do good, be good, or serve someone...above and beyond what you are already doing.

Here are some suggestions:
donate blood
go to church!
research your family history
play with your kids for a solid hour!
pray for someone you don't like, or just
pray
write a letter-by hand- and mail it!
smile when you don't feel like it
refrain from TV and read something uplifting
drop off a flower or treat to someone
or anything you feel prompted to do that falls in the 'do good, be good' category. :)

It doesn't have to be on her birthday, June 12. Just anytime this month. We would love to read what you choose to do (and what you DO) in comments under this post, keeping in mind that NO gift is too small, no act of kindness ever wasted. There will be no comparing, just gratitude for your thinking of Abigail. And keeping your gift anonymous works just as wonderfully!

Thank you so much. We love you all!

Faith.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked for a couple hours on family history and found 3 names to send to the temple as my present to Abigail. :)

    ReplyDelete